Collection Agency Section
Under the Idaho Collection Agency Act (ICCA), the following activities cannot be
conducted in Idaho without obtaining a collection agency permit:
- Operating as a collection agency, debt counselor, credit counselor, credit repair
business or debt buyer,
- Engaging, either directly or indirectly, in the business of collecting or receiving
payment for others of any account or bill,
- Soliciting or advertising for the right to collect or receive payment for another
of any account or bill,
- Selling or distributing any system of collection letters in which the name of any
person other than the creditor to whom the debt is owed appears,
- Engaging in the business of credit counseling, or
- Engaging in the business of credit repair.
All collection agencies must renew their licenses and pay an annual fee prior to
March 15 of each year.
To obtain licensing information for Collection Agencies, Credit/Debt Counselors,
Debt Buyers or Credit Repair organizations, please call 208-332-8002.
Collection agency section online resources: